In an official announcement by the Health Protection Agency of the Maldives, new restrictions have been imposed throughout the country starting from May 5 to a period of 10 days, until May 15, 2021.
We have observed an alarming rise of positive cases, a large portion of it in the local islands of the Maldives, in recent times and in light of the concerning situation, HPA has imposed the following measures in efforts to curb the virus spread:
Greater Male’ Area (Male’, Hulhumale’, Vilingili, Thilafushi, Gulhi Falhu)
- Parks, open spaces, sports grounds, running tracks and swimming tracks in Greater Male’ area will be closed.
- Sports activities and competitions will be stopped in the Greater Male’ Area.
- Vehicle ban from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m.
To be observed on all islands
- Discontinuation of non-essential travel between inhabited islands without permission from the concerned authorities. Those who travel are to observe 10 days of home quarantine.
- Discontinuation of non-essential travel between commercial islands and inhabited islands without permission from the concerned authorities. Those who travel are to observe 10 days of home quarantine.
- Local and work-permit holder travellers from India to the Maldives must undergo a 14-day quarantine and undergo a release PCR test.
- Discontinuing eased travel for people who have completed two doses of Covid vaccination
The following people are exempt from the restrictions:
- Police and Defense force
- Health care professionals and vehicles used by them
- Health Emergency Operation permit holders
If required, all concerned authorities will be reinforcing further strict measures to curb the virus spread. the situation is being continuously evaluated.
At this point in time, it has become an individual responsibility to follow all the safety measures and ensure the health of our loved ones.