Commercial Bank of Maldives Rolls Out Visa Debit & Credit Cards For The First Time

The Commercial Bank of Maldives (CBM) has introduced Visa Debit & Credit Cards for the first time to the Bank’s customers as part of the work being carried out to further enhance their services to achieve customer satisfaction.

According to CBM, customers can use the debit and credit card option in the Maldives and also abroad through POS machines and ATMs. They will also have the option either use Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR) or US Dollar (USD) dominated cards. The cards come in four categories: Visa Debit, Visa Classic, Visa Gold and Visa Platinum.

You can apply for a debit card and view the applicable terms and conditions through this link. If you wish to apply for a credit card, you can visit this link where you will also be able to view the applicable terms and conditions for this.

Established in 2016 with a reserve of MVR 150 million, The Commercial Bank of Maldives is a joint venture between the local investment company Tree Top Investments Private Limited (TTIL) and the Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC (CBC). Accordingly, CBC owns 55 percent of the shares whereas the remaining 45 percent is owned by TTIL.